Monday, July 30, 2012

{bottle}d up art

over the weekend, my fiance and I headed to Toronto. it had been quite some time since either of us had been to the city, and we were quite surprised at how big and lively it was. we went to dinner, and afterwards met up with some friends at the Loose Moose. while we enjoyed sitting in this sports bar, I found the most amazing light fixture, and I couldn't take my eyes off of it all night.

this light fixture started at the beginning of the bar, and went all the way to the back. it was made up of Jose Cuervo bottles, Tabasco bottles, and Corona bottles.
of course this fixture started the wheels turning in my head... how is this made? how do they have the bottles hung? what are the main supplies? how could I make this myself?

the best part about this fixture is that it could easily be recreated at home, on a smaller scale of course.
the lighs used were regular light bulbs that the bottles were placed around to allow the light to shine through.




the bottle were hung using the lids from the actual bottles, except for the corona bottles which had some other lid attached. a hole was drilled through the top, and a long rod with some sort of stopper was placed through the lid to hold the bottle in place. this rod was inserted into a hole drilled at the top of the fixture to allow it to hang. the rods varied in length to give the fixture dimension.



I wasn't the only one captivated by this piece of art. I saw several other patrons staring and pointing at it. even my fiance was impressed by the creativity. this would be a great winter project to add to a "mancave". with a few supplies, this beautiful piece could be yours!

hope everyone had a happy & safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment