Thursday, August 2, 2012

{guest} of honor

remembering your guests, and the special place that they held in your heart on your wedding day is priceless. Simply writing your name in a book, doesn't seem to cut it for the bride of today. with the availability of the internet, and an abundance of creativity, there are so many wonderful options for a bride to choose from. I have seen so many amazing ideas for guestbooks for a wedding. I remember going to my friend's wedding and it was the first time that I saw the tree with the guest's fingerprints.

photo courtesy of Etsy

if my friend hadn't used this fabulous idea for her wedding, I would have loved this idea. I love the idea of seeing the fingerprints of your guests, and having a beautiful piece of artwork after the big day. as I searched for a unique idea for our wedding, I stumbled across many great ideas that I loved and wanted to share.

photo courtesy of Emmaline Bride
the possibilites are endless for the font & style of the letter. I love that this is simple, and could immediately be hung in your home after the wedding.

photo courtesy of Wedding Bee
the wish tree allows your guests to write a special message to you, for you to keep and read for years to come
http://www.historicfloridawedding.com/2011/08/03/green-nature-themed-wedding-laura-nate-outdoor-florida-weddings/picture6/
photo courtesy of Florida Historic Weddings
this is such a sweet way to display messages from your guests. this would be perfect for a beach wedding. this guestbook idea could easily be transported from the reception to your mantel or coffee table!

photo courtesy of Etsy Shop: LoveFromTheThumb

this is another take on the fingerprint guestbooks. the great thing about this type is the personalization that each guest offerse with their unique fingerprint.


photo courtesy of Daisy Days

these examples could be done by ordering from a shop, or could easily designed and printed on your home computer! an idea like this could tie together the designs you have used for your save-the-dates, and invitations. Simply creating a beautiful monogram of your intitals could be beautifully placed in your new married home!



this is my favorite, mostly because I will be using this at my wedding. I will replace the box with something with a lid, and have our wedding date on the outside. i'm so excited to see the messages that my family and friends write, and I can share these with my children some day!






1 comment:

  1. I like yours! And of course I liked mine (and still do). However, if anyone uses the fingerprint options they may want to provide their guests with detailed instructions if the goal is to have only fingerprints (I ended up with little drawings of leaves, the ink pad stamped, and a fist print- ha! ).

    ReplyDelete