Monday, July 23, 2012

heirlooms in the making

one of my favorite places to go to get lost in beautiful things is Etsy. it always amazes me how I can find one thing I love, and an hour later, I've clicked my way through hundreds of handmade goodies. i've been a fan of Etsy for many years, but have never spent as much time on it as I have since I got engaged. I think it's great to find really talented people who make a fabulous product, and give them my business.
today I decided to see the featured items in the revamped Wedding section on Etsy. I was immediately drawn to this beautiful cake topper:
I wanted this. I needed this. how adorable would this be displayed at a wedding? then it would be such a great keepsake from the day, knowing that it was used during such a special time. it could be kept and passed down to your children and grandchildren. simply amazing. I wanted to share this with you, to give this stand the credit it deserves.

while the cake stand was just beautiful, it was sadly out of my price range (if I even have one for such things as cake stands). however, this set me on the quest to find some amazing cake stands that would fit into my {hypothetical} cake stand budget.

this beautiful glass cake stand would add a simple touch, with a great personal touch to any special event

my wedding has a bit of a rustic feel since I'm having a Michigan winter wedding. this stand below would fit in perfectly with some touches that I plan to have throughout the reception. I love the initials, which add a very personal touch

I am so excited to explore the possibilities for my wedding, and I hope these beautiful items have made you want to go out and bake a cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment