Tuesday, July 24, 2012

let love {light} the way



as I look around for inspiration, I often find so many neat ideas for table numbers. there table numbers can be framed, painted, stitched, mirrored, fabric, wood, floral, and anything you could imagine. my favorite seems to be illuminated table numbers. this can be done with luminaries, lanterns, or candles.

               
                                                                                                                                         


since my fiance and I set our hearts on a winter wedding, I have always envisioned lanterns being a part of the decor. I searched all over the internet, and in stores, to find a lantern that was afforable and nice looking. I finally found a great lantern at Ikea for only $6.79 (normally they are $7.99, which is still a fantastic deal!). these lanterns are even more substantial than I thought they would be. so I headed down to my local Ikea, and purchased 30!


ever since I've had these in my possesion, I have been dreaming of how I will use them. I had orginally wanted to create a luminary similar to these ideas:


this is a great project that uses cardstock glued together with a letter or inital cutout

this number lantern can be created using this template.

this cute little project can be used using frames, hinged together, or inserted into a lantern. print photos onto vellum paper, and voila!




as always, it occured to me that I could use my lanterns as the table number, and create something by either painting,  using vellum printed numbers, or adhering decals to the lantern to create the perfect table number for all to see! I've decided to use the picture below as my inspiration, but I will not forget the other ideas, nor should you!



once I have made up my mind, and created my final product, I will be sure to post pictures of what I end up with. Happy Tuesday!

                                                                                     





No comments:

Post a Comment