Wednesday, August 22, 2012

{flower} power

as i've been looking through websites for various things, I came across the most adorable idea for an edible decoration.... 
the cupcake bouquet.


this would make for the perfect centerpiece to any table for a baby shower, wedding shower, holiday party, or any social gathering. I know that if I went to a party and there was this marvelous creation adorning the middle of the table, I would immediately compliment the host for the their creativity!

i'm thinking of doing this for some event, but I'm just not sure of what yet. now, onto how to accomplish this lovely baking craft. for the novice baker, this looks pretty easy to me. I think the hardest part will be the icing technique to make the cupcakes look like roses, or a flower at all. if all fails, you could use other techniques (which i'll show picture of later in the post) to give the feel of a "flower".

THINGS YOU MAY NEED:

In many different tutorials, the shape of the Styrofoam may change. Use whatever you feel will work the best for the container you are putting the cupcakes into.


Below is a tutorial that might help you along in your quest for the perfect cupcake bouquet!



IF ATTEMPTING THE ROSE ICING TECHNIQUE IS NOT WORKING, TRY SOME OF THESE IDEAS:

here is a tutorial on how to make hydrangea cupcakes - quick & easy!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment