Thursday, August 9, 2012

{skinny}tails

with the weekend fast approaching, my mind starts heading to what activities are on the calendar. while I play law school widow for the next two weeks while my fiance studies and takes this semester's exams, I'll be heading to hang out with our friends at a bonfire. as with most social activities, I'm sure there will be a few alcoholic drinks consumed. this got me to think: what can I drink that is tasty, easy to make, and low in calories? I've recently been logging all my food & beverages on MyFitnessPal, and I don't want to have to log a 300 calorie drink, 5 times :)

so, I turn to my trusty source of all things: Google. I am looking for a drink that doesn't involve 10 different ingredients and pretty easy to prepare. while it's still summer, I thought I would share a few cocktails that won't break our diets!

Cuban Mojito: Skinny Taste 
  • 1.5 oz Bacardi Rum
  • 12 fresh spearmint leaves
  • 1/2 lime
  • 7 oz sprite zero or club soda
  • 2 tbsp. splenda
in a cool tall glass, muddle the mint, Splenda and lime juice. add crushed ice. add rum, soda and stir well. garnish with a lime wedge and a few sprigs of mint. serve with a straw. 
 
 Mimosa: Everyday Health
  • 2 ounces Minute Maid light orange juice beverage
  • 4 ounces champagne
  • Juice of 1/2 medium-size orange, or 1 to 2 ounces
squeeze juice from the orange half into a glass filled with ice. pour in light Minute Maid juice followed by champagne. stir. garnish with fresh orange slices for a dash of style.

just slice up 4 apples and 3 oranges. combine fruit with 1 pound red grapes, halved; 3 bottles light- to medium-bodied red wine; 1 can Fresca (or any diet lemon soda); and 1 can club soda. chill mixture, and serve over ice for 16 servings of scrumptiousness. Here’s the best part: Each serving has only 173 calories!
 
Skinny Margarita: She Knows
  • 2 ounces silver tequila 
  • 1 1/2 ounces lime juice (freshly squeezed) 
  • 1 ounce agave nectar
substitute agave nectar with a sugar-free sweetener to make this drink only 140 calories (with: 220 calories)

the easiest way to accomplish an easy skinny cocktail is to check out the line of SkinnyGirl products by Bethanny Frankel. I have tried the margarita, and it isn't half bad. I guess for 100 calories per serving, I can't really be asking for much. Luckily, there are more than the margarita to sample, and liquor too!



I'm certain that there is at least one drink that I should be able to make that I find tasty, strong, and I won't need to run 5 miles to make up for! If anyone has any suggestions on recipes to try, please comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment