Tuesday, August 7, 2012

a {kale}thy snack

i've heard so much about kale, and all the nutritional benefits that it has to offer. as with anything that is good for you, i'm a little skeptical. I really don't know anything about the vegetable, so I had no idea how to introduce myself to this great source of vitamins and minerals. I should also mention that on top of it's wonderful benefits, it is cheap!

while Facebooking one day, a page came up that caught my eye. Eat Yourself Skinny is a blog dedicated to eating healthy, and has recipes for healthy alternatives to your favorite foods. I tried a recipe for Funfetti Cake Dip, which was so amazing, and my fiance was even impressed with it's tastiness! so I decided to give another recipe a chance, and that's when I saw the recipe for Kale Chips.



I always love to find recipes that even I can tackle, as I am not a cook whatsoever. this recipe is incredibly easy, and takes about 25 minutes from prep to finish. once these chips were finished, I was still apprehensive about this magical veggie. once I put one of those crispy pieces in my mouth, I was in love!
ENJOY!

Things You Need:
  • Kale
  • Sea Salt 
  • Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash & dry the kale bunch.
Remove spines from each piece.
Break the kale into 2 inch pieces.
Place the pieces in a bowl, and mix with one tablespoon of olive oil.
Place the pieces on a baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until crispy.



No comments:

Post a Comment