Tuesday, June 25, 2013

{'merica}n


my husband came home last night telling me about this sweet tank top and how he wished he could have it for the 4th. this post is dedicated to him for helping me remember the great day we are celebrating next week!

next week is the week to celebrate the land of the free and the home of the brave. we all get to take some time off of work to enjoy some good ol' american treats: barbeques, fireworks, yard games, and hopefully some beautiful for spacious skies.

with all that has been going on lately, I haven't had much time to think of ways to decorate our new house for this holiday. i don't intend on going crazy, but a little patriotism is probably needed. so I hit the 'net to try to get inspired for my home, and any party I may get invited to - hint, hint - or host (who would come?) I found some gems, and so I thought I would share for the hope that you get inspired too!
let's start with food - yum!

this cake looks absolutely delicious, and most importantly EASY to make.
these candy coated marshmallows are simple to create and look like they taste great too!
this cake is so simple, yet looks so nice! find the printables here to embellish your cake


 who doesn't love a cupcake? simply adding a few decorations to a cupcake tower can make quite a statement. i know that i have a cupcake display that is waiting for me to do something like this.



let's decorate!
these gems can be made or bought. i persoanlly like to re-create things that I see, and these look like something that is simple enough to do! a trip to Michael's and these could be yours!

another gem from Landee See, Landee Do - print this out, and place in the perfect spot for all to see.
this is available to print in 5x7 and 8x10!
for something with a more vintage feel, you could print this out.
The Creative Cubby offers several 4th of July printables for you to enjoy
I saw this felt wreath on a few sites, and I liked how fluffy it looks. this wreath is create with felt. looks like it's easy, but could take some time. either way, i am sure it will look great!
i love a good printable! this chalkboard style print would look nice as a decoration inside or out.


So it looks like we now have enough ideas get us going on creating something special for the 4th of July! I may or may not use any of these ideas, but I at least have some inspiration to send me to the craft store and grocery store, and I hope you do too! I'm also hoping that everyone has a safe and fun holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment